I have an insatiable sweet tooth so when I am trying to eat healthy, this becomes my biggest obstacle. I had to find things that would fill the craving but not ruin my clean eating. Enter: Greek Yogurt Banana Bread. It is delicious and is much healthier than regular banana bread because it has no butter or oil in the ingredients. The Greek Yogurt replaces the butter and oil that most breads have but still leave the bread moist and delicious, with less calories.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (or gluten-free flour)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 medium, ripe bananas – mashed
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (I like to use Chobani Plain Low-Fat)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (substitute for processed, bleached sugar)
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF, and lightly grease a 9” x 5” pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until well combined and set aside.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a medium sized mixing bowl. Add mashed bananas, Greek yogurt, and maple syrup. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir gently. Do not over-mix.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan, spreading it out evenly, and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Now, I like to make it a little sweeter so I add chocolate chips before baking. You could also add raisins or nuts, if you prefer. I’ve also had it with gluten-free flour and it does not taste bad! If you want to make it a little sweeter, you could use vanilla yogurt instead of plain. I take this as a snack to work and it gets me through that afternoon lull. I hope you like this healthy treat as much as I do!
Let me know what other healthy, sweet snacks ideas you have!